sábado, janeiro 05, 2008

Crítica Literária # 2

Perverted by Language is a lot funnier as well. We craft everything much better these days. Seriousness and humor are blended together more now. It is difficult to say though whether a song is meant one way or another. I think it's best if a writer doesn't think TOO much about what is being written. I don't over-analyse what I write. Some of it might be trivial and some might be obscure but it all goes toward the whole. Them again, I think my most trivial lyrics are ten times better than anything that's taken seriously - say like (yawn) Elvis Costello, boring writer, boring man.

Mark E. Smith, citado por Daryl Easlea em Perverted by Language or The Fall September 1980 to March 1981, no "encarte" da edição para a Castle Music, Sanctuary Records Group, Lda., de 2005